Symud Gyda Tedi – Menter Iaith Fflint a Wrecsam’s New Exciting Project!
Why create the Symud gyda Tedi?
The aim of this project was to support the Welsh Government’s efforts to encourage more children to exercise and keep fit, and at the same time promote the use of the Welsh language and support the language strategy ‘Cymraeg 2050 – A Million Speakers’. We are very grateful to the Big Lottery Fund and the Welsh Government’s Rural Development Program 2014-2020 for their financial support in doing so. The CD ‘Symud gyda Tedi’ has also played an important part in the project, and the Menter is extremely grateful to Mudiad Meithrin for their support. We are also grateful to the pupils of Ysgol Glanrafon, Yr Wyddgrug, for contributing their voices to be used to build the soundtrack and jingles for the 16 videos. We received a warm welcome from them and everyone really enjoyed the experience!
Who is Tedi?
Tedi is one of the main characters in the Magi Ann stories, and a great favorite among the children. The lovable characters were all created in the 1970s by teacher Mena Evans, and today the Magi Ann books and apps help thousands of children in Wales and beyond learn to read in Welsh. You can download the Magi Ann apps FREE to your mobile phone, tablet or laptop via the iTunes App Store and Play Store:, ac yn ffefryn mawr ymysg y plant. Cafodd y cymeriadau hoffus i gyd eu creu yn 1970au gan yr athrawes Mena Evans, ac erbyn heddiw mae llyfrau ac apiau Magi Ann yn helpu miloedd o blant yng Nghymru a thu hwnt dysgu darllen yn y Gymraeg. Gallwch lawrlwytho apiau Straeon Magi Ann AM DDIM i’ch ffôn symudol, tabled neu gyfrifiadur drwy Storfa Apiau iTunes a Play Store
Or buy the books here: www.atebol.com
What is Symud Gyda Tedi?
- Safe and simple fitness sessions for small children and their families based on the popular stories of Magi Ann a’i Ffrindiau. The main aim of the sessions is to ensure that everyone will have FUN while taking part!
- An opportunity for parents to use more Welsh with their children and non-Welsh speaking parents to add to their Welsh vocabulary.
- Each session between 30 and 40 minutes long.
- Sessions held in Welsh or bilingually according to the audience.
- The sessions, as well as some extra short ones that give a taste what happens in the full sessions (10 minutes of Symud gyda Tedi and Tyfu gyda Tedi) are available free on the YouTube channel.
Tedi now has his own Facebook page , and you can follow his adventures there!